Subject: [Leica] Leica Won't Improve Your Photography
From: amr3 at uwm.edu (Alan Magayne-Roshak)
Date: Fri, 11 Sep 2009 23:20:00 -0500 (CDT)

On Fri, 11 Sep 2009 Tina Manley <images at comporium.net>wrote:
> I would much rather focus a rangefinder than a DSLR anyway - but that's
> just me.

>Tina
Me too.  It took me about a year to get completely used to a rangefinder
when I first got
my M3, but from then on I was so comfortable with it that SLR focusing would
forever seem
fussy (manual or AF).  Before we were digital at the office, I used my
Leicas on every suitable
job because I love RF.  I even used to shoot basketball with an an M3 and an
M4-2+winder.

I sure would like to use an M9 at work, but that won't happen with the
condition of our state
budget. (As with all state employees, I have to take eight furlough days
without pay in each of
the next two years.)  The other photographer and I even have to share our
one set of radio slaves
and Quantum batteries.  Great when there are similar overlapping
assignments.

But still I'm thankful to have my dream job (and my film M's).  B^)

Alan

University of Wisconsin-Milwaukee
amr3 at uwm.edu