Subject: [Leica] BOATING PICS
From: r.s.taylor at comcast.net (Richard Taylor)
Date: Wed, 16 Sep 2009 15:06:57 -0400

Most summer weekends the Bay and the Sound are very active.  It falls
off some in midweek, but never stops.  Woods Hole is always busy.
It's the main thoroughfare between the Bay and the Sound and has
active ferry and fishing fleets as well a large sail and powerboat
contingent.  The area also attracts large yachts from all over the
world in the summer.  You've seen some of them in my earlier pictures.

It *is* surprising that the Hudson isn't used more.  I have a nephew
who keeps a boat at Nyack, so I have some experience on the river and
have always enjoyed sailing there.  The heavy current may be one
reason; commercial traffic another.

That hasn't stopped everyone, though.  The 79th Street boat basin
mooring area, much lower down the river, of course, now extends well
up into the '80's and all the moorings are in use during the summer.

The Hudson River really is a pretty place to sail.  It is a shame it
isn't used more.

Regards,

Dick