Subject: [Leica] Leica fantasy
From: lrzeitlin at aol.com (lrzeitlin at aol.com)
Date: Thu, 17 Sep 2009 14:42:56 -0400

Now that Leica has proven that it is possible to make a full frame sensor
for the M series cameras with their short lens to film distance, perhaps
someone will design one of my blue sky fantasies. Remove the film loading
door from M film cameras and replace it with an M9 sensor in a suitable
module. The electronics can be placed in a baseplate module about the size
of the old rapid winder. I can do without the LCD on the back. I don't get
to see my color film prints for about a week so what is a few hour wait
until I load the images into my computer. Or, using Wi Fi I could see the
images on an iPhone. In this day of electronic magic I'm sure that the most
costly parts of the M9 are the finely constructed viewfinder and RF
components and the solid metal body. We photographers who cannot deduct new
equipment from our taxes would be forever grateful. Tom Abramson are you
listening?

    Larry Z

Replies: Reply from Frank.Dernie at btinternet.com (Frank Dernie) ([Leica] Leica fantasy)