Subject: [Leica] IMG: Ireland and Olympus E-P1
From: zoeica at mac.com (Chris Williams)
Date: Fri, 18 Sep 2009 08:19:44 -0500

I've posted some of these images before, however Adobe Lightroom can finally
read the EP1 raw files so I was able to work on an edit for a slideshow.

Some images with Leica lenses (90mm,28mm,35mm) and others with the EP1 kit
lens(14-42). U2 show with kit lens.

I'm impressed by the RAW images as I could clearly pull  out some info the
small jpegs could not. While I'm clearly spoiled my D3 image quality, the
EP1 delivers high quality images a small chip P&S only wishes it could do.
While I'd say the images are similar to APS size sensors, they do appear
softer than a sDLR image. High ISO is very useable at 800-1600iso. I did use
2500iso and it does an okay job. The AF speed is not made for fast moving
objects, though this can be done by using manual modes.

If the E-P1 was under $600, I would own one just for the ability to use
Leica lenses.

www.zoeicaimages.com/Ireland2009EP1

Chris
NOLA