Subject: [Leica] My M8
From: tedgrant at shaw.ca (Ted Grant)
Date: Fri, 18 Sep 2009 11:07:07 -0700

Tina Manley showed: a well used Leica camera :-)

> LUG:
> Somebody over on the LUF was asking how to protect the baseplate of
> the M's against scratches so I posted a photo of my M8.  I thought
> you might like to see it, too.  This is the one that has been dropped
> in rivers and broke my nose.  It still works fine!
>
> http://gallery.leica-users.org/v/tinamanley/090917_665_09798.jpg.html
>
> I don't plan to ever sell it ;-)<<

Hi Tina,
Seems about right for a hard shooting professional as the most important
thing.....?
" IT STILL WORKS!"
A few scratches and dings here and there happen when one is shooting almost
everyday on an assignment or project as it goes with the territory. It isn't
that we don't take care of our gear, we do. They are our lifeline to our
income survival, so we do. Broken cameras due to careless  handling means no
bread on the table next week pay day.

When one is working with 3 or 4 cameras hanging off their body, neck or
shoulders, sometimes a scratch or mark occurs without you knowing it's
happened. No big deal.

That is until you fall or slip and one of them leaves you with black eyes
and or a couple of front teeth knocked out with a smack in the mouth.
Bruises and missing teeth doesn't make one a pretty site! :-)

Important part?  "THEY STILL WORK!" :-)  And that's all that matters!

ted

Replies: Reply from images at comporium.net (Tina Manley) ([Leica] My M8)