Subject: [Leica] Family Reunion
From: richard.lists at gmail.com (Richard Man)
Date: Sat, 19 Sep 2009 12:01:18 -0700

Thanks. Yea, one of the in-law is Malays of Chinese descent. An
ex-in-law (divorced :-/) is Singaporean of Chinese descent. My wife is
half German, half Belgium, and some Italian, and even Jewish
somewhere. My younger brother's wife is African American. So yea, a
pretty diverse group there.

My brother never quite graduated from elementary school (not his
thing), but all his 3 children are going to college (in fact one just
graduated and am looking at a master program). Both I and my younger
brother got a master degree; his wife was the Valedictorian at the CMU
graduating class. My younger sister, while never finished high school
(but did eventually get a GED) owns her salon, and probably doing
better than I am financially currently due to the economic situation.

My goal for next week, besides processing the photos for them, is to
write all the kids and grandkids names in Chinese calligraphy and send
to them as a gift. As my sister jokingly said, "you grandkids better
remember each other, you guys growing up so fast we don't recognize
you on the streets" :-)

--
// richard m: richard @imagecraft.com
// w: http://www.imagecraft.com/pub/Portfolio09/ blog: