Subject: [Leica] New use for Leica equipment
From: mark at rabinergroup.com (Mark Rabiner)
Date: Tue, 22 Sep 2009 22:20:48 -0400

> R8  with DMR on the back of it you need to join a health club to get
> arms
> Like Popeye the sailor  man to own and operate one.
> Mark William Rabiner"
>

> Mark,
> It's funny you mention using a R8 to defend youself. You comment
> reminded me of when I used to take night photos and could hear the
> coyotes in the distance. As I'd walk the mile or so back to the cabin,
> I could hear them following me. I was on the dirt path and they were in
> the brush. There were no reports of anyone having been attacked by one
> of the coyotes, but I always feared I might be the first.
>
> I must admit that the thought occurrred to me more than once that an R8
> might be of home help than my M6 on the tripod.
>
> In reality, the coyotes were as afraid of humans as the humans were of
> the the coyotes. One afternoon, I was walking up the dirt road of a
> small hill, as I got to the top, coming at me, was a coyote walking up
> the other road from the other side. We both looked at each other,
> turned around, and retraced out steps. I didn't have the presence of
> mind to iake its picture.
>
> Doug

For all I know coyotes are as noble and misunderstood as wolves.
Laughing Hyenas as I understand are nothing to  laugh about; the terror of
Africa if I recall.
My official favorite animal has always been the Hippo.
I have the start of a Hippo collection. And they seem real nice. Very jolly.
Turns out the opposite.
Africans in the know have no qualms about Rhino's (hippos with horns) Lions
and cheatas but don't want any part of a hippo. If they see ya they can kill
ya. Like an alligator. And for no reason will. But I still like them. I just
don't need to meet one. I'd not try to feed one.  You won't find one parked
in my kitchen.

Mark William Rabiner

Replies: Reply from steve.barbour at gmail.com (Steve Barbour) ([Leica] New use for Leica equipment)