Subject: [Leica] Bootable Mac backup
From: henningw at archiphoto.com (Henning Wulff)
Date: Tue, 22 Sep 2009 23:05:30 -0700

At 1:11 AM -0400 9/23/09, Mark Rabiner wrote:

>>>   Disk Utility
>>

>>  Doesn't do it.
>http://macs.about.com/od/backupsarchives/ss/diskbackup.htm
>
>" I'll use OS X's Disk Utility to perform the backup. It has two features
>that make it a good candidate for backing up a startup disk. First, it can
>produce a backup that is bootable, so you can use it as a startup disk in an
>emergency. And second, it's free. You already have it, because it's included
>with OS X."
>
>I did it.
>

>Mark William Rabiner

Hi Mark,

Disk Utility does a very basic backup. Everything else will do a
backup that can be updated with minimal time involved, has more
options and to one degree or another can be automated. As a general
purpose backup (that can be maintained in an up-to-date fashion) CCC
and SuperDuper are miles ahead. And if you want free, CCC is free.
There are some others as well, but these two are the front runners.

--

    *            Henning J. Wulff
   /|\      Wulff Photography & Design
  /###\   mailto:henningw at archiphoto.com