Subject: [Leica] IMG: NYC trip preview images
From: jbm at jbm.org (Jeff Moore)
Date: Sun, 27 Sep 2009 15:34:27 -0400

2009-09-27-00:00:29 Chris Williams:
> Well I was photographing the well known LUG photographer/musical
> expert/bartender/computer genius Jeff Moore's wedding day. What a great
> time! Hopefully the boat images will look straight, there was some rockin'
> on the Hudson for sure.

I was glad we got to put Chris in a situation he hadn't shot in before, and
he
seemed to be having fun.  I'm also glad we didn't lose him overboard, as he
moved around the boat (Ventura, a 1920s 62-foot wooden sailing yacht) with
more concern for getting the shot than for his own safety...

I was in a situation I hadn't been in before, too: a whole wedding and party,
surrounded by friends doing visually-interesting things, and no camera in my
hand from an hour before the ceremony 'til after all the guests had gone!
Oh,
that and the getting-married part.  You'd think if I'd made it to age 48
without getting around to ankling down the aisle, it wasn't destined to
happen.  But when it's finally a good idea, it's a good idea.

Can't wait to see what Chris and his number two came up with.  I don't envy
him the edit, though -- it seemed as though many frames were exposed.

> Not only did I photograph the wedding, but we talked
> Leica of course and Jeff made some mean cocktails!

They aren't mean per se, just strong-willed and quirkily individualistic.
Like my friend Bennett.