Subject: [Leica] Giving up on OS 10.6 (temporarily)
From: lrzeitlin at gmail.com (Lawrence Zeitlin)
Date: Sun, 27 Sep 2009 19:46:44 -0400

I give up. I installed Snow Leopard a week ago and I have experienced
nothing but frustration. Admittedly it works, is stable, uses less disc
space, and runs about as fast as regular Leopard (10.5). The problem is that
it won't run much of the old software on my computer. I have iLife 7. Half
of the programs, including iDVD won't load, or if they do, bomb immediately.
Toast won't run. I've learned my lesson. Don't be an early adopter. Wait
until all the bug fixes are in, or, at the very least, budget for new
software. To my mind, the best recent software for the Mac is Tiger, OS
10.4, but Apple doesn't sell it any more. I'm waiting for OS 10.6.2 or maybe
10.6.3.Larry Z

Replies: Reply from abridge at gmail.com (Adam Bridge) ([Leica] Giving up on OS 10.6 (temporarily))
Reply from ken at iisaka.com (Ken Iisaka) ([Leica] Giving up on OS 10.6 (temporarily))
Reply from pasvorn at boonmark.net (Pasvorn Boonmark) ([Leica] Giving up on OS 10.6 (temporarily))