Subject: [Leica] How do you take off the M lens mount.......?
From: red735i at earthlink.net (Frank Filippone)
Date: Mon, 28 Sep 2009 12:33:05 -0700

Way too scary for me.......

I think I shall attempt the easy stuff..... where you can SEE the 6 screws
that hold the mount on.....

Unless...... now where did I put my teeny weenie tiny miniscule screwdriver
set?

Frank Filippone
red735i at earthlink.net

Typically you could separate the lens head from the lens focusing
helicals, often untwist the head from the focus mount.  Worse case is
that the screw heads are hidden under the front face ring, which is held
on with a brittle adhesive.  You have to carefully separate it, without
damaging the ring whatsoever.  Acetone, a wooden pry tool, and praying
often helps a lot.

Once you get the lens head off, you could take the helical apart, mostly
stage by stage.  The helical itself normally came apart together.

Message from vick.ko at sympatico.ca (Vick Ko) ([Leica] How do you take off the M lens mount.......?)