Subject: [Leica] Hood 12504, 35 Lux, UV/IR Filter, M8
From: corkflor at iol.ie (Alex Hurst)
Date: Tue, 29 Sep 2009 08:42:28 +0100

Frank wrote:

>The 35 pre-ASPH Lux requires the use of hood 12504.  That means Series 7
>Filters, inside the hood.  If you want to use this on a M8 with the UV/IR
>Filter, it means a filter that costs upwards of $170. If you can get one...
>as they are also for the 24 or 21 ( I forget which) Lux.  AS far as I can
>find, there is no B+W nor Heliopan option.  Leica only.

I obviously have the earlier version of the 35/1.4 pre-ASPH (one of
my favourite lenses), which takes the 12522 hood and an E41 filter.
Thought I was going to have a problem finding an IR/UV cut filter for
it (Leica don't carry this size). Then I discovered these guys:

http://www.foto-huppert.de/default.asp

and their email address:

  "Foto Huppert" <info at foto-huppert.de>

They srock almost every size of B+W 486 cut filters at very
reasonable prices, including E41 and Series VII. The filters work
fine on my M8.

They accept Paypal and are excellent communicators in English as well
as German.

Best

Alex

--