Subject: [Leica] Photoshop Gurus: CS3 crop limitation question
From: photo at frozenlight.eu (Nathan Wajsman)
Date: Wed, 30 Sep 2009 05:50:37 +0200

Hi Ben,

I am not a Photoshop guru, but I routinely make panoramas far bigger
than 200 MB on a computer with similar specs to yours (except that it
is a Mac), also using PS CS3. I am not sure what you mean by "9x25
inches", surely your monitor is not that big?? Better talk in terms of
pixel dimensions.

Anyway, my workflow is: import the DNG files to Lightroom, do any
spotting needed, export as full-size TIFFs, then merge those in CS3
using Photomerge. Then flatten and crop as needed.

So the only difference seems to be that I work on TIFF files in
Photoshop while you are working with DNG files--I wonder if that can
account for the problem? Certainly, I have never experienced any
problem with cropping as you describe.

Nathan

Nathan Wajsman
Alicante, Spain