Subject: [Leica] Sad news
From: rbaron at concentric.net (Robert D. Baron)
Date: Fri, 2 Oct 2009 13:38:47 -0500

Speaking as the one who was occasionally confused with "Leica_Bob"  (I
had to user-name myself OK_Bob to differentiate but there still may
have been occasional confusion, which is hard to believe because no
one could ever suspect me of being wittily insulting) I can only add
to the communal sense of dismay and sadness.

No photos here, just memories of great online conversations in years gone by.

--Bob Baron / Oklahoma City

==On Fri, Oct 2, 2009 at 11:36 AM, Kyle Cassidy <kcassidy at asc.upenn.edu>
wrote:

> It is with great sadness and disbelief that I have learned of the passing
> of Lugger Martin Howard who died suddenly while on a business trip to Sau
> Paulo, Brazil. There are no further details on the circumstances at this
> time.

<snip>

> I remember specifically Martin writing a "bot" (short for roBOT) for the
> Leica IRC chat channel where he was a frequent participant
> (lugirc.availabledari.com #leica) His bot, dubbed "Leica Bob" pretended to
> be a very obnoxious Leica owner. It would react to words that people
> posted ("Noctilux" and "Tilly" being two that come to mind) and retort
> with ... fabulous hilarity and witty insults -- leaving many an
> unsuspecting Leica Owner baffled as to just who "Leica Bob" was and why he
> hated Nikon's so much. I actually remember laughing so hard it was
> difficult to breathe sometimes when Leica Bob would pipe up from nowhere
> and join a conversation.

<snip>

Replies: Reply from sonc.hegr at gmail.com (Sonny Carter) ([Leica] Sad news)