Subject: [Leica] FS: M3 of late 50s, recently CLAed by Youxin Ye
From: alex at zabrovsky.org (Alex Zabrovsky)
Date: Fri, 02 Oct 2009 23:39:11 +0200

FS: M3 body, S/N 985377, this one with self timer and frames preview lever.
CLAed and treated by Youxin Ye about 1.5 - 2 years ago. Mechanically -
just a song, exceptionally smooth, all shutter speeds are fine,
whispering shutter.
Shutter curtains have been replaced by Youxin to a new, external
covering has also been replaced by him to a vulcanit-like.
There is rewinding crank attached which I bought to allow more
comfortable rewinding.
Top plate shows normal for such age sighs of use, some scuffs, non-deep
scratches and small dings, no serious dents, nothing to worry about (in
particular bearing in mind the condition
of the mechanics inside). I like this appearance allowing teh camera to
carry these as the scars of warrior... :-)
Bottom plate features some scuffs, a small signs of dings at the right
bottom edge, nothing really noticeable unless looking for. Yet again,
normal wear.
VF is clear with bright frame lines, few specs of dust can be visible at
the outer edges of 50mm frame, 2 faint specs on top of the RF patch.
This is typical from a normal use
even in much newer bodies such as M6, M7...no any separation or obvious
aging issues there.
RF patch is clear, easy focusing. At the CLA time Youxin found now any
VF/RF issues at all.
All in all the camera is ready for another 50 years of reliable work.
There are take-up spool included as a standard set along with 2
additional, spare native M3 spools (these are quite costly on used
market), these have been bought here on LUG.
There is rewinding crank attached which I bought to allow more
comfortable rewinding.

Images will be available upon request.

Asking 975 US$ which includes EMS shipping (insured and traceable) from
Israel to US/Europe (other destinations will be checked upon if interested)
There is also a handgrip available, you may have all the setup including
the grip for 990 US$ S&H included.

I'll e also interested in trade option + cash for either M6 or M7 0.85
with MP-upgraded finder, preferably black (but chrome may also be
considered).

Please respond privately to alex at zabrovsky dot com.

Replies: Reply from alex at zabrovsky.org (Alex Zabrovsky) ([Leica] FS: M3 of late 50s, recently CLAed by Youxin Ye)