Subject: [Leica] Sad news
From: gregj_lorenzo at hotmail.com (Greg Lorenzo)
Date: Sat, 3 Oct 2009 16:20:22 -0600

I met Martin a fews years back at a cafe over lunch near Tom and Tuulikki's
place. This news just makes it worse.

Presume you meant to send off-list?

Greg Lorenzo

Calgary, Canada

> Date: Fri, 2 Oct 2009 12:55:00 -0700
> To: lug at leica-users.org
> From: henningw at archiphoto.com
> Subject: Re: [Leica] Sad news
>
> Hi Nathan,
>
> Here is the obituary I received shortly after his death written by his
> father.
>
> Martin was subject to periods of severe depression which we all
> noticed in his time here in Vancouver, and they finally got to him,
> especially after his marriage broke up and he realized she had used
> him.
>
> I was very fond of him and always enjoyed time together with him. I
> miss him much more than I could have anticipated.
>
> Regards,
>
> Henning
>

> >SHIT!
> >
> >I have had the pleasure of meeting Martin and can't believe that he is
> >gone.
> >
> >I will dig in my archives for pics.
> >
> >And have a single malt.
> >
> >And reflect on the fragility of it all.
> >
> >Nathan
> >
> >Nathan Wajsman
> >Alicante, Spain
> >http://www.frozenlight.eu
> >http://www.greatpix.eu
> >http://www.nathanfoto.com
> >
> >Books: http://www.blurb.com/bookstore/search?search=wajsman&x=0&y=0
> >PICTURE OF THE WEEK: http://www.fotocycle.dk/paws
> >Blog: http://www.fotocycle.dk/blog
> >

> >On Oct 2, 2009, at 6:36 PM, Kyle Cassidy wrote:
> >
> >> It is with great sadness and disbelief that I have learned of the
> >>passing of Lugger Martin Howard who died suddenly while on a
> >>business trip to Sau Paulo, Brazil. There are no further details on
> >>the circumstances at this time.
> >>
> >> Many of you who have been on the LUG for a while remember Martin's
> >>exquisite photo narrative of buying a gigantic mid 70's Lincoln
> >>Continental, which he dubbed "Eric The Red" (or "the longboat") and
> >>then driving across America in it visiting Leica owners. Martin, I
> >>believe, hailed from England, but lived in Sweden and, it seems,
> >>called the world his home. He was a smiling fixture at many lug
> >>gatherings.
> >>
> >> His travel diary is still on line:
> >> http://www.tamigori.com/travel/etr.html
> >>
> >> I remember specifically Martin writing a "bot" (short for roBOT)
> >>for the Leica IRC chat channel where he was a frequent participant
> >>(lugirc.availabledari.com #leica) His bot, dubbed "Leica Bob"
> >>pretended to be a very obnoxious Leica owner. It would react to
> >>words that people posted ("Noctilux" and "Tilly" being two that
> >>come to mind) and retort with ... fabulous hilarity and witty
> >>insults -- leaving many an unsuspecting Leica Owner baffled as to
> >>just who "Leica Bob" was and why he hated Nikon's so much. I
> >>actually remember laughing so hard it was difficult to breathe
> >>sometimes when Leica Bob would pipe up from nowhere and join a
> >>conversation.
> >>
> >> If you have any photos of Martin, it would be nice to gather them
> [...]

Hotmail: Trusted email with Microsoft?s powerful SPAM protection.
http://clk.atdmt.com/GBL/go/177141664/direct/01/

Message from photo at frozenlight.eu (Nathan Wajsman) ([Leica] Sad news)
Message from henningw at archiphoto.com (Henning Wulff) ([Leica] Sad news)