Subject: [Leica] New List Member
From: grduprey at mchsi.com (grduprey at mchsi.com)
Date: Sun, 04 Oct 2009 20:13:19 +0000

Wendy,

Welcome to the LUG Family.  Good luck buying your M9, I use the M8 and love
it.  As for lenses, both on your list are fantastic lenses, but you can also
look and some of the older offerings, such as the older 50 summilux or the
35 summicrons as good lesnses to start out with and at a substantial
savings.  The 35 summilux asph is the one to get if you need the speed, as
the older 35 'lux is not even close to the newer lens.  I have the older
lens, and it is still a nice lens, but it is a very old design, and just not
up to current standards.  There are many good lenses second hand out there
that may suit you well and also keep the cost down, to get started.  I look
forward to seeing some of your photos.

Cheers,
Gene
  -------------- Original message from Wendy Thurman <wendythurman at