Subject: [Leica] New List Member
From: wendythurman at gmail.com (Wendy Thurman)
Date: Mon, 5 Oct 2009 09:24:34 +0430

As expensive as the Nikkor 85/1.4 is when compared to the 1.8, it's just a
"legendary" lens with unsurpassed bokeh.  Is it three times better (at three
times the price)?  Probably not.

While weight is certainly a factor for my wanting to move into Leica M
photography, I'd like to think that shooting with a Leica is a generally
more personal experience than using the large SLRs.  I'd like to get more
involved in the image as well as the making of it and I think that Leica M's
offer that possibility.  For the street, the candid portrait, the thoughtful
photograph, I think it's the tool I want.  While no expert, I have used view
cameras in the past and really enjoyed shooting with an RB-67 and I'd like
to get back to that feeling of using a camera instead of the computer a
modern SLR is (though I do appreciate them!)

I will most certainly keep and use my Nikon system.  Having shot F2's, F3's,
F4's, and an FM2 I am a certified Nikon fanatic.  The Leica will be a
valuable addition to my toolbox and my vision.

Thank you for the kind words re my photography!

Wendy