Subject: [Leica] [Fwd: Leica Newsletter -- 05 October 2009]
From: Frank.Dernie at btinternet.com (Frank Dernie)
Date: Tue, 6 Oct 2009 08:11:21 +0100

In the UK the M9 list price is less than the Nikon D3x and Canon EOS
1Ds mk3. These two have many extra features but for my use the M9 is
just what I wanted :-)
The Nikon and Canon have been discounted down to a similar price to
the M9 recently though the prices seem to be quite volatile, probably
due to a considerable fluctuation in exchange rate and demand in these
difficult times (for everyone except the banks that caused it). It is
not long since the Canon dropped by over ?1000! The lens prices are
all over the place here too.
Compared to the rest of the market the M9 is the best value Leica in
years. I spoke to a dealer in Singapore last week who had been amazed
by the demand and was expecting a significant price rise...
Frank