Subject: [Leica] [Fwd: Leica Newsletter -- 05 October 2009]
From: mark at rabinergroup.com (Mark Rabiner)
Date: Tue, 06 Oct 2009 18:09:21 -0400

> true enough.
>
> Yet, if no one is buying the 16x20 - 30x40's
> (or even the 11x14's)
> I can't afford the paper they're printed on.
>
> The vast majority of my commercial work,
> including product, portrait and events
> is going on the web, on post cards, blurb books
> and full 8.5 x 11 with bleeds.
>
> The occasional fine art print sales
> rarely exceed 13x19
> which my current gear does
> quite nicely.
>
> Only speaking for myself here.
>
> Would love to convince myself
> that a large sensor would create
> instant large print sales.
>
> But in reality?
> It seems like a tiny elite market
> and difficult to get into.
>
> Regards,
> George Lottermoser
> george at imagist.com
> http://www.imagist.com
> http://www.imagist.com/blog
> http://www.linkedin.com/in/imagist
>
> On Oct 6, 2009, at 4:26 PM, Mark Rabiner wrote:
>
>> So our 8x10's have to be looking like overkill became sometimes
>> they have to
>> be 11x14. Or 16x20 or 30x40.

So then your bottom line is 13x19.
As mine has been I do have a portfolio of 13x19 prints they look ok.
And I've yet to make a 17x22 but that may change soon.

I may get to be a 17x22 and be there kinda guy very soon.

Mark William Rabiner

Replies: Reply from imagist3 at mac.com (George Lottermoser) ([Leica] [Fwd: Leica Newsletter -- 05 October 2009])