Subject: [Leica] Zeiss Normal 50mm f/2 Planar T* ZM
From: mark at rabinergroup.com (Mark Rabiner)
Date: Tue, 06 Oct 2009 18:52:36 -0400

> Mark, I know you are speaking about the Summicron for the M, but, now the
> owner of a Summicron-R, I would have to agree with you.  I can't speak for
> the similarities between the two, but I find the Summicron-R to be one of
> the best lenses that I have owned.
>
> Jim Nichols
> Tullahoma, TN USA

A 50mm Summicron R or M would certainly had the Leica look  but with an R
you have a slightly less bright and snappy screen to see and focused with. A
case can be make for a 1.4 with an SLR while the beauty of a rangefinder
camera is we don't rally need fast glass.
So many shots being shot with 1.4 glass with the automatic diaphragm
stopping down to F 8 and be there.
All that unnecessarily large glass to air area.
And size and weight.

Looks like Leica R has passed me by I never got the chance to play with
them.

Mark William Rabiner

Replies: Reply from jhnichols at lighttube.net (Jim Nichols) ([Leica] Zeiss Normal 50mm f/2 Planar T* ZM)