Subject: [Leica] Zeiss Normal 50mm f/2 Planar T* ZM
From: douglas.sharp at gmx.de (Douglas Sharp)
Date: Wed, 07 Oct 2009 23:22:42 +0200

The early Yashicas like the Electro-X had a M42 (Pentax thread mount)
the later lenses built for Contax (C) and Yashica (Y) = CY or C/Y were
the only Yashica bayonet mount lenses until Yashica introduced their AF
cameras with a special bayonet (that were not particularly successful).

Of course the lenses built in the cooperation period were perfectly
interchangeable between Contax and Yashica bodies, although shutter
priority and program exposure was only available with later Contax SLRs
in combination with MM lenses. The MM lenses also functioned perfectly
on the, rather simpler, Yashica bodies with fewer exposure modes - AFAIK
Yashica did not ever build a body with MM capability.

Best
Douglas