Subject: [Leica] digital vs film
From: kcassidy at asc.upenn.edu (Kyle Cassidy)
Date: Mon, 12 Oct 2009 00:31:11 -0400

I must say, Richard, that we probably have you beat. Chris is chimping there
a full 24 hours before the shot. We checked out all the spaces we'd be
photographing in the night before, ran tests (with flash, without flash,
proper mix of ambient light), (I jotted down all my settings) and then went
back for a tasty dinner of Laphroaig.

It would be interestesting to video tape a bunch of shooters working and see
if the ones who are chimping are spending more, less, or the same time doing
light readings than those watching the needles in-camera.

i imagine that some clever camera manufacturer will realize that they should
put a histogram IN the viewfinder so you can chimp the last shot without
bringing the camera down.

kc

Replies: Reply from henningw at archiphoto.com (Henning Wulff) ([Leica] digital vs film)