Subject: [Leica] IMG: Black Bear
From: wildlightphoto at earthlink.net (wildlightphoto at earthlink.net)
Date: Mon, 12 Oct 2009 11:53:17 -0400

Gene Duprey wrote:

I'm surprised you were able to get so close to take this with the 280, or
is this a crop?
<<<

Slight crop off the right side, none top/bottom.  Taylor Creek is a very
popular salmon-watching spot in the Tahoe area; there were probably 100
people on hand watching the bear with Forest Service staff on hand doing
crowd control.  The 'safe distance' was surprisingly close, particularly
since the FS didn't know this particular bear well and was conservative
(their words) about 'safe distance'.  I could have used the 180; with the
280 I had to back up and shoot between the people in front of me.

Thanks for the comments, Gene.

Doug Herr
Birdman of Sacramento
http://www.wildlightphoto.com

mail2web.com ? Enhanced email for the mobile individual based on Microsoft?