Subject: [Leica] bokeh test 18mm f3.8 (Image)
From: leehermann at mac.com (Lee Hermann)
Date: Tue, 13 Oct 2009 13:57:46 -0600

Hello LUG,

Douglas Nygren asked about the bokeh of the 18mm f3.8 lens.  I do not
believe myself a bokeh expert, but I thought to myself, what does the
out of focus area look like?  The first image is taken of a flowerpot
with my studio in the background, I focused as close as the ice would
allow and used f3.8.  Winter came suddenly and viciously, one day the
flowers were happily blooming and the next frozen and covered with
snow.  Examine at high magnification.

http://gallery.leica-users.org/v/Lee/recent/20091013-L1062741.jpg.html

It is a pretty ugly photo, but you are interested in "out of focus",
right?  The second photo was also shot with the 18mm and used the M8
also.

http://gallery.leica-users.org/v/Lee/recent/20090917-L1062589.jpg.html

Comments welcome.  I think the lens is pretty damn good!

Lee

Replies: Reply from jsmith342 at gmail.com (Jefffery Smith) ([Leica] bokeh test 18mm f3.8 (Image))
Reply from mark at rabinergroup.com (Mark Rabiner) ([Leica] Bokeh test 18mm f3.8 (Image))
Reply from shino at panix.com (Rei Shinozuka) ([Leica] BOKEH 21mm f1.4 (WAS 18mm f3.8) (Image))