Subject: [Leica] Pradovit problems
From: wvl at comcast.net (Bill Lawlor)
Date: Tue, 13 Oct 2009 16:46:06 -0700

Well, I found a mint Wetzlar 90mm CF Colorplan on ebay. Now all images pop
into beautiful sharp display. Now there is a "burning electrics" smell
coming out with fan exhaust. I pulled the lids and determined smell seems to
coming from the bulb/condensor unit. I vacumed out all dust and an exam does
not show anything burning or overheating. I'm stumped.

Also I discovered this projector has a rotating bulb holder stage to bring a
different bulb and reflector into play. Why?

I sure wish I had access to a manual and schematic for the Pradovit 253 IR.

Again, any advide will be most appreciated. Bill Lawlor

Replies: Reply from grduprey at mchsi.com (grduprey at mchsi.com) ([Leica] Pradovit problems)
Reply from grduprey at mchsi.com (grduprey at mchsi.com) ([Leica] Pradovit problems)
Reply from sonc.hegr at gmail.com (Sonny Carter) ([Leica] Pradovit problems)