Subject: [Leica] IMGs: NYT human waste
From: john.o.newell at comcast.net (J. Newell)
Date: Thu, 15 Oct 2009 15:12:02 +0000 (UTC)

This goes back a few years, but I used to live on West 110th Street in NYC
and we'd take walks down Riverside Park, which ran along the Hudson River.?
At approximately 96th Street and 72nd Street there were huge-diameter
discharge pipes from which untreated, unscreened waste flowed into the
river.? It was obvious from the human and other products in the outflow that
this was straight from the buildings nearby.? I understand that this has
since changed, but the pictures in the blog (which are very striking) don't
IMO point so much at China as at industrial society.? (No, I am not a
card-carrying Green Party member...)

Rgds

John