Subject: [Leica] Was: M9 Now: Cameras that can stand the Rain, etc.
From: gregj_lorenzo at hotmail.com (Greg Lorenzo)
Date: Sat, 17 Oct 2009 15:58:16 -0600

Mechanical cameras can be dried out with good results if done right.

M5/6/7 with their electronics less so.

M8/8.2/9 with a lot more electronics are more of a computer then just a box
with a shutter. Someone on-list a month or so back did in his M8 when it got
wet. Leica couldn't or wouldn't repair it for him. Gerry Smith at Kindermann
Canada will work on all Leica M camera's up to but not including the M8.

Greg Lorenzo

Calgary, Canada