Subject: [Leica] Old lenses and M8
From: lucien_vd at mac.com (LvD)
Date: Mon, 19 Oct 2009 16:57:53 +0200

Since I have the M9 the fun is back.

I can see now that I was never really comfortable with the M8, not
like I was with the M6 and MP.

Something was not right for me. The frames, the way my lenses were
behaving and the noise.

At the end, when I was using it, it was only with the 28 and the 50,
the only frames that were working for me.

Now, the 35 and the 75 are back in my bag.

I feel home again and I'm really enjoying it.

I only hope that it will show in my pictures soon.

;-)

I will keep the M8 as a backup.

The backup I was missing with the M8 because I was obviously not going
to invest in a second M8 or M8.2.

That lack of backup prevented me to take the M8 for those 'once in a
lifetime travels' or so called 'important' assignments.

Although I never had a single problem with it.

Lucien