Subject: [Leica] Do I really want a 75 Summilux?
From: dstella1 at ameritech.net (Dante Stella)
Date: Tue, 20 Oct 2009 12:54:23 -0700 (PDT)

It has a noticeable focus shift on the M8 - it will front focus wide-open
and then shift backward stopping down (giving you some DOF but not as much
as you might think you would get).  That was the best that could be done
after 3 trips to Leica.

The focus shift is not debilitating, but it can be annoying. Uncorrected
spherical aberration is a b*tch.

DAG confirmed that given the tendencies of that design, that was as good as
it would get, unless you planned exclusively to shoot at 1.4 and one meter.

As *originally* calibrated, mine was back a little at 1.4, more off at 2 and
essentially useless until f/8.

Dante