Subject: [Leica] Correcting color fringing
From: images at comporium.net (Tina Manley)
Date: Tue, 20 Oct 2009 19:58:24 -0400

Douglas Nygren wrote:
> My old 21mm lens is not coded and when I used it on an M8 i got cyan
> fringing.
>
> Have any of you had success in removing the cyan fringing in Photoshop
> CS3?
You can go to Filters > Blur > Gaussian Blur and set it for about 12
until the fringing disappears.  The whole photo will be blurry but don't
worry.  Go to Edit > Fade Gaussian Blur and choose Color from the
drop-down menu.  All of the fringing will disappear but the rest of the
photo will look washed out.  Use the History panel to choose the state
before you Gaussian Blur, but set the History Brush for the state after
the edit.  Your photo will return to its original state and you can use
the history brush to only remove the fringing.

It's much easier and faster than it reads.  You can also use LR to
remove color fringing but, in my experience, it only removes mild
fringing - not the drastic stuff I get with Canon lenses!

Tina
www.tinamanley.com