Subject: [Leica] Do I really want a 75 Summilux?
From: henningw at archiphoto.com (Henning Wulff)
Date: Wed, 21 Oct 2009 10:06:48 -0700

At 7:29 AM -0400 10/21/09, Vick Ko wrote:
>Henning, how did you "get this adjusted"?
>
>By having the lenses reworked, I presume?
>
>Since the M8's are the common factor, I presume it wasn't changing
>the focus arm movement in the camera.
>

>...Vick
>
>Henning Wulff wrote:
>>  ... I have both M8's working now with the Noctilux and the 75
>>Summilux, so it's possible to get this all adjusted.

I got one M8 early on, but that one couldn't focus the Noctilux
accurately enough, and was slightly off with the Summilux. Later I
got a second M8 used which had been adjusted recently at Solms by the
previous owner. Actually he had bought the camera, shot a couple of
shots with it, sent it to Solms and then sold it. So the camera was
'better than new' :-). My Noctilux worked perfectly with that camera,
as did the Summilux. So I knew it was the camera that was off.

I then sent the camera, Noctilux and some other lenses to Solms to
get coded and adjusted, telling them don't adjust the Noctilux, just
use it as a basis to adjust the M8. Which they did. So now both
cameras work exactly the same, and are fine with those two fast
lenses.
--

    *            Henning J. Wulff
   /|\      Wulff Photography & Design