Subject: [Leica] Stock Photography - now: Martinis
From: sethrosner at nycap.rr.com (Seth Rosner)
Date: Thu, 22 Oct 2009 08:09:45 -0400

Ken Carney wrote:

'Otherwise I don't get it, but then I've had a martini while waiting for
dinner.  Maybe it would dial in with another one.'

Impossible for me not to reply with a couple of martini aphorisms I recently
came across in a cocktail lounge on Queen Mary 2:

One martini is alright, two is too many, three is not enough - James Thurber

When I have one martini I feel bigger, wiser, taller. When I have the
second, I feel superlative.When I have more, there's no holding me - William
Faulkner

You can no more keep a martini in the regrigerator than you can keep a kiss
there. The proper union of gin and vermouth is one of the happiest marriages
on earth - and one of the shortest lived - Bernard DeVoto

I never drink anything stronger than gin before breakfast - W.C. Fields

T'was a woman drove me to drink, and I never had the decency to thank her
for it - also, not surprisingly,  W.C. Fields

If the Lord hadn't intended  to create the three-martini lunch, then why do
you suppose he put all those olive trees in the Holy Land?
  - former House speaker Jim Wright

Let's slip out of these wet clothes and into a dry martini - Robert Benchley

............and reportedly, Humphrey Bogart's last words:

I should never have switched from scotch to Martinis

Replies: Reply from douglas.sharp at gmx.de (Douglas Sharp) ([Leica] Stock Photography - now: Martinis)