Subject: [Leica] Stock Photography
From: mark at rabinergroup.com (Mark Rabiner)
Date: Thu, 22 Oct 2009 14:56:36 -0400

> Frank Filippone wrote:
>
>> Ted, in all honesty, does it matter one iota what camera was used to take
>> the picture?
>>
>> Not the question of technical quality, just  the kind ( brand name) of the
>> camera.....
>>
>> THAT is what I rebel against.. and other, similar,  stupidities.....
>>
>> True.. the demands of the industry are worthless to me.....
>
> Alamy's list of recommended cameras are guidelines, they're cameras that
> the
> agency has found are capable of producing the technical quality they want
> in
> their stock images.  There certainly are other cameras not listed that will
> meet the agency's minimum requirements, and there's no exclusion of
> high-quality images made with cameras that are not on this 'recommended'
> list.
>
> They also have a list of cameras which they have determined do not meet
> their
> expectations for image quality.  IIRC older low-res dSLR cameras and P&S
> cameras dominate this second list.
>
> Doug Herr
> Birdman of Sacramento
> http://www.wildlightphoto.com

The good list
http://www.alamy.com/contributors/stock-photography-rec-camera-list.asp
The D200 is on it I'm amazed!

The bad list
http://www.alamy.com/contributors/stock-photography-unsuitable-camera.asp

I cant tell if the 4/3's system has made the cut as I don't recognize the
camrea names.
Mark William Rabiner

Replies: Reply from jbm at jbm.org (Jeff Moore) ([Leica] Stock Photography)
Reply from photo at frozenlight.eu (Nathan Wajsman) ([Leica] Stock Photography)