Subject: [Leica] Still toying with getting a 75mm Summilux
From: henningw at archiphoto.com (Henning Wulff)
Date: Fri, 23 Oct 2009 01:47:17 -0700

Mark, I'm lucky enough right now to have both, and I'll keep both. I
got both for a fair bit less than the 75/2 costs new.  They are
different enough and have enough different strengths that it makes it
worthwhile to keep both.

The Summilux design may be older and heavier but all I can suggest is
that you compare them yourself instead of making such comparisons off
the cuff. It's like saying the 100/3.5 Zeiss for Hasselblad is so
much better than the 150/4 that you might as well throw the 150 away.
:-) In my experience the two 75's are closer in performance than the
100 and 150 Zeiss lenses.