Subject: [Leica] BBC
From: lrzeitlin at aol.com (lrzeitlin at aol.com)
Date: Fri, 23 Oct 2009 12:48:24 -0400

Steve writes:
""The lack of commercials interrupting programs is one of the things I
love
about the BBC. I have cable and the number, and duration, of the ad
breaks
on the majority of channels really annoys me.

BBC4 is a wonderful channel IMHO."

- - - - - - -

Steve,
Did you forget that you have to pay a pretty hefty license fee in the
UK to watch BBC? At least the US commercial broadcast channels are
still free, paid for by those hated commercials. PBS, the equivalent of
BBC4 can be watched free and without commercials. Here in NYC we get 2
free PBS stations, broadcasting 6 channels of video. That's more on PBS
alone than I got from all of BBC in Wales.
Larry Z

Replies: Reply from Frank.Dernie at btinternet.com (Frank Dernie) ([Leica] BBC)
Reply from jhnichols at lighttube.net (Jim Nichols) ([Leica] BBC)
Reply from photo at frozenlight.eu (Nathan Wajsman) ([Leica] BBC)