Subject: [Leica] Not A Complete Waste Of Time
From: wendythurman at gmail.com (Wendy Thurman)
Date: Fri, 23 Oct 2009 22:35:20 +0500

Thank you, Jim.

I was all set to have this eastward-looking image of the city in a soft
October light.  By the time we had wended our way through traffic, bounced
and jounced our way up the hill, argued with the checkpoint guards, and I
got set up, it was too late.

I had to put on a show for my driver and security guy as well as the five
Afghan Army guys who were no doubt bored out of their minds from guarding a
hilltop no one can be bothered to visit.  I really didn't expect to come
away with anything interesting but this one shot seemed to work.  That
crescent moon has a lot of symbolism here in the land of Islam.

Wendy