Subject: [Leica] Confused
From: digiratidoc at gmail.com (James Laird)
Date: Tue, 27 Oct 2009 18:44:04 -0500

I've been browsing for some time for a 24 R Elmarit to use on my 7D
because I love the 40mm focal length and with the crop factor of the
7D the 24 is about right. I've heard that there are different versions
of this lens and that the original version was a Minolta design with
Minolta glass, and later versions were made by Leica? I checked Erwin
Puts' R-lens list and noticed he lists all the versions, even the ROM
version, as taking a Series 8 filter. Then I found a listing for one
on e***, serial number 3429317, 3-cam, obviously a later version, that
is clearly marked E60. Yet it's being sold with the original slip on
lens cap and Leica Shade 12523. How many versions of this lens were
made?

Replies: Reply from dpfreedman at gmail.com (David Freedman) ([Leica] Confused)
Reply from grduprey at mchsi.com (grduprey at mchsi.com) ([Leica] Confused)