Subject: [Leica] Scotch and milk?
From: profmason at yahoo.com (John Edwin Mason)
Date: Tue, 27 Oct 2009 17:10:07 -0700 (PDT)

Larry wrote:  "Long time NY Congressman Adam Clayton Powell's favorite drink
was scotch and milk. One shot of scotch to two shots milk. I've tried it
and it is quite good. Perhaps he had an ulcer."

The late, great, and hugely entertaining Adam Clayton Powell was not alone.
Scotch and milk was once a popular drink in the African-American community.
Powell's generation is about right, but you still see it being enjoyed,
usually by people who are even grayer than I am.  Never tried it myself,
being partial to bourbon.

--John

John Edwin Mason, Photography:
http://www.JohnEdwinMason.com