Subject: [Leica] Leica implications about future developments
From: Frank.Dernie at btinternet.com (Frank Dernie)
Date: Sat, 31 Oct 2009 09:38:19 +0000

It is no different from upgrading a Canon EOS 1Ds or Nikon D3x though,
certainly not at UK prices. These are the cameras with which -I-
compared the M9 and chose to buy. There is nothing about an Olympus E3
or Canon EOS50 which makes it comparable to a Leica M9 from my
perspective.
I see how attractive being able to upgrade the camera innards would
be, but I do not see it as practical in an engineering sense, and the
similarly priced full frame high resolution cameras from other makers
are not upgradeable either.
I repeat, I for one would -not- buy an upgradeable camera if it was
bigger or much heavier than the M, and at present it would have to be,
in the future perhaps, it would be more expensive too, naturally.
FD