Subject: [Leica] OT: Blasphemy Canon EOS 5D Mark II!
From: douglas.sharp at gmx.de (Douglas Sharp)
Date: Mon, 02 Nov 2009 19:39:25 +0100

If you can live with the metering problem, it could be an excellent
alternative.

Canon DSLRs have some kind of circuitry that corrects for the focal
length and aperture of Canon lenses attached.

It can't be turned off (at least not on the 20D and 300D I have, maybe
you can with the new 5D, but I doubt it) and screws up metering and
exposure with "adapted" lenses.

I had an article from Canon about it somewhere - if I find it, I'll pass
it on.

Nevertheless, Canons are a very good platform for Leica lenses (and
Contax, Pentax, Nikon etc, etc. with decent adapters)

Cheers
Douglas