Subject: [Leica] Why the mad rush to use Canon or Nikon bodies?
From: wildlightphoto at earthlink.net (Doug Herr)
Date: Mon, 2 Nov 2009 21:27:43 -0500 (EST)

Dave Olson wrote:

Is it because they are digital? To show you how slow I am, I thought the
R8.2 or the R 9 were digital. Or are they?
<<<

The R8 & R9 are digital only when the (scarce, big, discontinued) DMR is
attached.

There might be some herd mentality involved but for me the switch to digital
(DMR in my case) made a big transformation in my work.  I miss the
simplicity, smaller size and viewfinder brilliance of the Leicaflex SL but
from what I see the results speak for themselves.  It's also getting more
difficult to find good E6 and C41 film processing, even in a medium-sized
city like Sacramento.

We're also seeing some outstanding powerful editing tools for digital
images, for example for stitching multiple exposures or HDR stuff.  These,
like any tool, can and will be over-used at times but they open a lot of
options to their users.

Doug Herr
Birdman of Sacramento
http://www.wildlightphoto.com