Subject: [Leica] Why the mad rush / toxic chemicals
From: benedenia at gmail.com (Marty Deveney)
Date: Fri, 6 Nov 2009 12:58:47 +1030

On Fri, Nov 6, 2009 at 12:08 PM, Ken Carney <kcarney1 at cox.net> wrote:
> When I was diagnosed with kidney cancer, the family concluded it was an
> open
> and shut case - the darkroom got me. ?Actually, my surgeon said there was
> really no specific for renal carcinoma, but to shut everyone up I promised
> to limit my exposure.

Glad to have you here Ken.  The unfortunate fact for an individual is
that you will never know for sure what caused your cells to start
dividing abnormally.  There are several genetic markers, chemical
exposure patterns and other factors identified that contribute to the
risk of renal cancer, but it's impossible to say why _you_ got it.

But the incidence of this cancer is on the rise in western countries
and best evidence suggests that it is a real rise, not one that
results fmerely from better diagnostic practices.

Replies: Reply from richard.lists at gmail.com (Richard Man) ([Leica] Why the mad rush / toxic chemicals)
Message from kcarney1 at cox.net (Ken Carney) ([Leica] Why the mad rush / toxic chemicals)