Subject: [Leica] dogwood berries
From: richard.lists at gmail.com (Richard Man)
Date: Fri, 6 Nov 2009 15:04:59 -0800

Because Steve is using the .33x better M9?!!! :-)

Actually, I think the spatial distance and "connection" between the
focus point and the out of focus point may have something to do with
it.

For example, most people would go ga-ga "ooooo look at the amazing
razor thin DoF" on a facial portrait where the eyes are sharp and the
nose is slightly off (yes, I know some people who dislike that, but
bear with me...) whereas on a fuller body portrait, if only (for
example) the hand is out of focus, it calls attention to itself.

To be honest though, I think Steve's pic could have used more DoF as well...

--
// richard m: richard @imagecraft.com
// w: http://www.imagecraft.com/pub/Portfolio09/ blog:

Message from tedgrant at shaw.ca (tedgrant at shaw.ca) ([Leica] dogwood berries)