Subject: [Leica] Checking in for the Sunset Limited - homage to Jim Shulman
From: cummer at netvigator.com (H&ECummer)
Date: Sat, 7 Nov 2009 17:45:00 +0800

Hi Luggers,
At the Seattle Train station waiting for our ride back to Vancouver
after the LHSA meetings
a bride and groom in their wedding finery swept in the station to
check in
on the Sunset Limited to Los Angeles and New Orleans - "Discover
New Horizons" the sign says. I guess that was what they plan to do.

http://gallery.leica-users.org/v/Howard+Cummer/LHSA+pix/CheckingInw.jpg.html

http://tinyurl.com/yddsv6o

I asked if I could take their picture, got their email address and
sent the picture along
to them the next day.

http://gallery.leica-users.org/v/Howard+Cummer/LHSA+pix/BrideGroomW.jpg.html

http://tinyurl.com/y89lw3a

The Amtrak staff were ever so nice and gave them a ride on the baggage
cart to their
car so that the bride wouldn't get her dress dirty walking on the
platform.

http://gallery.leica-users.org/v/Howard+Cummer/LHSA+pix/Runtotrainw.jpg.html

http://tinyurl.com/y8sfx9n

A nice Seattle moment, I thought, - in the style of Jim Shulman. (Tip
of my chapeau to you Jim). All with the M8 and the Tri Elmar
The indoor shots were at ISO 1250 - hence the grain.

Cheers
Howard (back with his internet connection intact)

Replies: Reply from lluisripollquerol at gmail.com (Lluis Ripoll Querol) ([Leica] Checking in for the Sunset Limited - homage to Jim Shulman)
Reply from ricc at embarqmail.com (Ric Carter) ([Leica] Checking in for the Sunset Limited - homage to Jim Shulman)