Subject: [Leica] Do you still have your first camera? Because I have anidea.
From: tedgrant at shaw.ca (tedgrant at shaw.ca)
Date: Sun, 8 Nov 2009 19:49:10 -0800

Oh dear me Lluis, :-)

A kind of challenge for a long gone times and memories! :-) Not to mention
lacking in knowledge and talent of the first moments of Happy Snapping! :-)

I have to confess right up front my earliest rolls of film would never have
matched yours. I shot Stock Car racing on a dirt 1/4 mile track, scenics and
people of no consequence. Then during our moves from home to home, several
over the years,  many of the earliest rolls of film were "unfortunately
thrown away" because the rolls weren't cut, but rolled with an elastic band
around the roll to hold it in place in 1 dozen paper egg carton containers!
Man that was such a long time ago! :-) My God, 60 years ago! :-) I am
getting old! :-(

Anyway I am looking forward to taking some pictures with this first ever
camera from May 27 1950.  Many years ago to see if it still works? :-) And
if I can capture a few interesting images with it without all the fancy
techie things of today, sixty years later. :-) Certainly when I've said so
often, "the camera doesn't mean much, it's the human holding the camera that
makes the difference between, Good, Bad and Ugly photographs." :-) We shall
see! :-)
cheers,
Dr. ted