Subject: [Leica] MAC versus Mac
From: jbm at jbm.org (Jeff Moore)
Date: Tue, 10 Nov 2009 16:40:51 -0500

I honestly don't intend to be mean by this, just informative.  I tend to
crave
precision, and certain things bug me.

At any rate, sometimes I see people referring to Macintosh computers writing
"MAC".  The conventional short form of Macintosh is "Mac" (just the first
letter capitalized).  When all letters are capitalized, it implies that one
is
using an acronym where each letter stands for a separate word -- such as MAC
for Media Access Control, or PC for Personal Computer.

Thanks.

 -Jeff

Replies: Reply from charcot at comcast.net (charcot) ([Leica] MAC versus Mac)
Reply from mark at rabinergroup.com (Mark Rabiner) ([Leica] MAC versus Mac)