Subject: [Leica] M9 reviewers drawn from the "unwashed masses"
From: jhnichols at lighttube.net (Jim Nichols)
Date: Tue, 10 Nov 2009 21:29:58 -0600

Mark,

It was not a view camera, but a 5x7 folding camera with a bellows and
extending bed.  I had swapped for it, with no back, just to experiment with
it.  My darkroom at the time would only accomodate 35mm, and I had no
interest in getting into LF film sizes.  I had several old lenses from the
turn of the 20th Century, and the rig gave me a way to experiment with them.

Yes, in effect, I mounted my Leica body behind a crude view camera.

Jim Nichols
Tullahoma, TN USA