Subject: [Leica] "It's a new medium"
From: richard.lists at gmail.com (Richard Man)
Date: Fri, 13 Nov 2009 00:06:19 -0800

Mark eloquently wrote that darkroom prints and inkjet prints are
different medium, and thus should not be compared. He further wrote
that when people no longer have much access to silver gelatin prints,
then they will not demand inkjet prints to look like SGP.

Points taken. I agree with the former but not necessarily the second part.

In any case, perhaps "it's a new medium" can be applied to the
photo-manip techniques too.

BUT I WOULD NEVER get used to the ghastly images such as these:
http://4pphotoblog.blogspot.com/2009/11/falls-park-in-hdr.html

My eyes, my eyes.

--
// richard m: richard @imagecraft.com