Subject: [Leica] California autumn... NOW ROSE SERIES?
From: tedgrant at shaw.ca (tedgrant at shaw.ca)
Date: Sat, 14 Nov 2009 08:16:37 -0800

Steve Barbour showed:
Subject: [Leica] California autumn...

> this week here...
> http://gallery.leica-users.org/v/barbour/PAW+2009/rosesfall.jpg.html<<<<<

Hi Steve,
Interesting and revealing because the rose bush has some incredible
potential as all those new buds begin to open. Certainly a subject of
interest over the next couple of weeks as they become full bloom.

If you have the time you might create a series of exposures every couple of
days then turn them into a slide show that illustrates the growth much like
a movie.  Just a thought. I bet there's a potential gold mine of images
about to happen in this one bush.

If it's on your property and no fear of a tripod being stolen, set it up
with camera and get everything lined up, shoot a few. Then remove camera,
but leave tripod in place. Then a day or two later all you have to do is
lock camera on tripod, shoot a few and continue this routine right through
from buds as we see them here to their final demise of petals falling.

However this routine is only posible if some Klutz isn't going to steal the
tripod.

If this is the case. Do same set up as suggested, put markers on the ground
at exactly the same tripod leg positions.... do not close the tripod down,
but take it in the house at the set height, then when shoot day cames along
all you do is take it out, set feet in identical spots, place camera on
tripod and click click! :-)

 cheers,
ted

Replies: Reply from steve.barbour at gmail.com (Steve Barbour) ([Leica] California autumn... NOW ROSE SERIES?)